Travis Scott settles with family of teen Astroworld victim

[ad_1]

The family of 14-year-old Astroworld concert victim John Hilgert have quietly reached a settlement with rapper Travis Scott, Live Nation, Scoremore and other festival organizers, Rolling Stone reported. 

The family is said to have withdrawn a $1 million lawsuit back in February, settling for an undisclosed amount.

High school freshman Hilgert was the second youngest of 10 victims to die after chaos broke out causing a crush at the opening night of the music festival in Houston last Nov. 5.

The tragic teen’s parents, Chris and Nichole Hilgert, filed suit against Scott, event organizer Live Nation Worldwide and others for “gross negligence” and “reckless disregard” for Hilgert’s safety resulting in his death, according to People.

“The pain of our loss from our son John not making it home alive from an event such as this is intolerable,” the father said in a statement, according to the outlet.

Hilgert, a high school freshman, was the second youngest of 10 victims to die after chaos broke out causing a crush at the opening night of Astroworld as Scott performed.
Nelson Lee/Facebook

“He was a beautiful young man who simply wanted to enjoy his first concert event with friends, whom he treasured spending time with more than anything else.”

Hilgert’s parents said their goal was to ensure things change and new safety measures are put into place to stop something like the tragic incident from ever happening again.

“This pain should never be felt by anyone over a loved one attending a live concert,” the grieving father said.


Scott and the show’s organizers continue to face civil suits from thousands of attendees with hundreds of millions of dollars in potential damages. 
Scott and the show’s organizers continue to face civil suits from thousands of attendees with hundreds of millions of dollars in potential damages. 
Getty Images

“There is no excuse for the poor crowd design, event execution and lack of response that was exercised at this festival that resulted in the tragic death of our son and nine others along with scores of other people that were innocently injured.”

The defendants “failed in their duty to protect the health, safety and lives of those in attendance at the concert,” alleged the suit — which identifies Hilgert by his initials, J.W.H., according to the outlet.

Specifically, the suit was seeking to hold them accountable for “failure to provide adequate security personnel to implement crowd control measures, proper barricades, and failure to provide a sufficient amount of emergency medical support,” the filing claimed, according to the report.

Hilgert’s family joined the families of Axel Acosta and Brianna Rodriguez, who previously settled their own lawsuits against Astroworld.

Scott and the show’s organizers continue to face civil suits from thousands of attendees with hundreds of millions of dollars in potential damages.

The Post has reached out to Scott and LiveNation for comment.

[ad_2]

Loading

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *

*